Overview of ULTRA ModulesApplication-specific modules for more efficient installation and upgrading.
Go module by module or by implementing several simultaneously.
The Clinical Pathology module caters for user-defined panels that can be tailored to specific labs and covers all the major haematology and biochemistry requirements.
The result entry form can be used to enter or change haematology and biochemistry test results including cell counter results, WBC differential results, fluid differential, blood film and free text comments. The results can be managed via the contacts list operating rules to ensure results are conveyed to their destination as requested.
•On screen, paperless manual result entry
•Verify results individually or in batches
•Handles stat results without clerical delays.
•User-defined, specific differential counters complete with white cell counter, morphology, platelet estimate and reticulocyte counter
•User-defined corrected WBC based on presence of NRBC’s
•Unidirectional, bidirectional or Host Query interfaces
•Delta check by user-defined limits
•Barcode or auto-load list creation
•User-defined, sophisticated reflexing capability
•User-defined help at the field level
A sophisticated, purpose-built module to allow management of the specialized workflow of a microbiology laboratory. ULTRA Micro caters for Specimen Reception including site entry, internal numbering, plate label creation and complete audit control tracking user, date and time of receipt.
The application has functionality allowing for direct entry of patient alerts, microscopy, workup notes and extra test results. These are all viewable from one central screen allowing the technologist / scientist to see the entire picture in one view. Organisms isolated and their subsequent susceptibilities are displayed in the central screen, in their appropriate tabs. Antibiotics are reported, or not, based on complex rules of cascading logic defined by an organization.
Reporting of Microbiology results occur after appropriate validation and may be released as preliminary, final, supplementary or amended.
- Graphic user interface (GUI) standards
- Minimal keystrokes yielding rapid response time and ease of entry
- Accommodates daily workflow of the microbiology laboratory for all areas
- Artificial intelligence allows next required screen and “pop-up” prompts for next steps
- Procedures and results leading to organism identification
- Work-up finding selectively reported without additional entry
- MIC and Kirby-Bauer susceptibilities with interpretation
- Reporting rules for antibiotic suppression and cascading
- Batch result entry
- Correlation of Gram Stain results with organism identification
- Employs full reflex testing
- Automatic billing based on organism isolated, sensitivities performed, etc
- Customized Epidemiology reports
- Worksheets built by individual patient or by batch entry
- Ability to track all entries/changes by date/time and user
ULTRA Laboratory Anatomic Pathology/Cytology solution is a fully integrated module of the ULTRA Laboratory Information System. The AP application provides the capability to acquire, store and retrieve case-related documents and images as well as gross, specimen and slide images.
Other features include full barcoding functionality for case, specimen, block and slide, ability to produce follow up letters, standard coding and classification systems, touch pen and touch screen entry and conferencing capabilities.
The AP Module is a sophisticated, function-rich application that will cover all requirements commonly found in a high volume, teaching hospital laboratory.
- Graphical user interface (GUI) standards
- Minimal keystrokes required, navigation with or without a mouse, yielding rapid response time
- Patient/Case Registration and Accessioning are fully integrated with other disciplines
- Standard word processor – Microsoft Word, which uses macros, standard coded comments, standard layouts; and Medical Dictionary for spellchecker
- Supports coded nomenclature and classification of preferred medical terms and concepts, such as SNOMED, SNOP and Bethesda, integrated with a third-party software for automatic coding
- Stores results in the common ULTRA patient database
- Permits electronic signature/sign-out by pathologist
- Supports touch pen and touch screen entry
- Supports voice recognition software
- Designed to meet CLIA and CAP regulations
- Online autopsy registration and reporting, comprising PAD and FAD plus medical examiner screens
- Encompasses a follow up system, including recall letters
- Auto faxing capability
The ULTRA Laboratory Transfusion Medicine module is fully integrated with the ULTRA Laboratory Information System and addresses the needs of the transfusion medicine staff.
The application provides the ability to receive, store and manage inventory and data regarding distribution at multiple locations, perform and record product and patient information, cross-match activities and product issue and transfusion, and supports both ISBT 128 and Codabar. The application can provide electronic cross-matching facility.
Ultra Transfusion Medicine Module is certified by FDA and complies with British and Australian regulatory standards.
- Full graphical user interface
- Blood grouping, antibodies and crossmatching
- Complete stock inventory and tracking
- Tracking of pooled, modified and/or divided products
- Patient requirements and transfusion history displayed on system
- Crossmatch validation capability
- Donor confirmation testing for autologous/directed products
- Antibody registration
- Patient group delta checking
- Compliant with ISBT standards
- Extensive user-defined compatibility rules
- Electronic crossmatching
- Direct, crossmatch, electronic and emergency product issue
- First stage entry for minimum patient entry during emergencies
The ULTRA Molecular Genetics Module is designed to simplify the complexity of capturing molecular data while allowing laboratories to manage and streamline the volume of data and intricacy of testing within their clinical genetic testing program.
Our solution continues to be advanced in collaboration with numerous leading molecular genetic laboratories worldwide to ensure optimal analysis, interpretation, and reporting of complex genetic test results.