About the Role:
You will be part of an agile team to maintain, design, develop, test, and verify software products.
You will thrive on challenges and have an excellent work ethic. You are personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. You are an enthusiastic team player and are comfortable leading technical investigations and mentoring junior members of staff. You will be able to design, develop and support a single-page web application. You enjoy what you do and you should lead constant improvement initiatives whether they are refactoring code or suggesting ways to improve a product.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Creates working software. Designs, codes, documents, peer reviews, tests (automated) and maintains software inline with the Quality Management System Provides innovative, technical solutions that conform to requirements with a strong focus on end-users, high quality (meets QMS/regulatory standards), performance, safety, security, and maintainability.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Use source code control for software changes.
- Use of JIRA for documentation and tracking of software issues.
- Responsible for planning, processing, and efficiently performing all jobs with no assistance from the supervisor.
- Acquire knowledge of working practices of a pathology laboratory.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our laboratory information system (LIS) software.
- Mentoring, training, and supporting other members of the Software Team.
- Learn and evolve existing code bases.
- Build working relationships with other key departments.
- Assist in the development of new business, markets, and products.
- Contribute technically to team objectives.
- Help testers and support personnel as needed to identify, replicate and resolve system problems.
- Actively participates in the agile ceremonies e.g. sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives, and backlog refinement. Contributes to continuous improvement of the team, software, and processes.
Essential Knowledge & skills
- C or C++
- Shell scripting
- Software debugging / troubleshooting
- Software testing methodologies
- The full software development life cycle
- Agile development
Desirable Knowledge & skills
- Experience of Oracle and PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with LIS software
- HL7/FHIR experience
Your application will include the following questions: