About the role:
The successful candidate will be C++/C Developer working as part of an agile software development team on a Laboratory Information System (LIS). We believe in using the latest technologies and platforms to create world class products for the future. We are developing the next generation of our product and this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in.
You are someone who seeks a challenge and have an excellent work ethic. You are personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. You are an enthusiastic team player and are comfortable leading technical investigations and mentoring your peers. You enjoy what you do and you should lead constant improvement initiatives whether they be refactoring code or suggesting ways to improve a product.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Provide innovative, maintainable and scalable solutions to complex technical problems
- Assist the development team with rapid prototyping and critical investigations
- Acquire knowledge of working practices of a pathology laboratory
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our LIS software
- Develop software design documentation
- Provide input on user guides, manuals, and any other documentation
- Mentoring, training and supporting other members of the software team
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Build working relationships with other key departments
- Occasional travel to our development offices in North America and Northern Ireland or our customer sites in Australia, North America, and Europe
- Strong C & C++ development skills- 3+ Years
- Experience of relational databases e.g. Oracle or PostgreSQL databases
- Experience in using Agile delivery management tools (such as JIRA and Confluence)
- A degree (or equivalent) in a computer, technical or numeric subject such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Personal drive, commitment and ability to self-organise
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- A good team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer empathy and focus
- Ability to adapt to changing objectives in a dynamic environment
- Experience of user interface development
- Experience with LIS software
- Shell scripting
- Experience of system connectivity and protocols especially in medical settings to include HL7, FHIR and ASTM.
- Experience with REST protocols and service-oriented architectures
- Experience of Typescript, civetweb, JSON, XML, and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience of CPPUnit framework
- The full software development life cycle
- Agile development (Scrum or Kanban), participate in agile routines e.g. daily stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, demonstrations
Permanent full-time position located in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter along with a completed Fair Employment Monitoring Form to email@example.com