About the role:
The successful candidate will be part of an agile software development team working on a Laboratory Information System (LIS). We believe in using the latest technologies and platforms to create world class products for the future. We are developing the next generation of our product and this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in.
You are someone who seeks a challenge and have an excellent work ethic. You are personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. You are an enthusiastic team player and are comfortable leading technical investigations and mentoring your peers. You enjoy what you do and you should lead constant improvement initiatives whether they be refactoring code or suggesting ways to improve a product.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Provide innovative, maintainable and scalable solutions to complex technical problems
- Assist the development team with rapid prototyping and critical investigations
- Acquire knowledge of working practices of a pathology laboratory
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our LIS software
- Develop software design documentation
- Provide input on user guides, manuals, and any other documentation
- Mentoring, training and supporting other members of the software team
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Build working relationships with other key departments
- Occasional travel to other offices and customer sites in Australia and North America
- Strong C & C++ development skills- 3+ Years
- Experience of relational databases e.g. Oracle or PostgreSQL databases
- Knowledge of AIX 7.x, Redhat Linux
- Understanding C development tools, including the GCC and Make
- Unix / Linux knowledge
- CSS Stylesheets
- End to End testing of Web sites (preferably Cypress)
- CPPUnit framework
- The full software development life cycle
- Agile development (Scrum or Kanban), participate in agile routines e.g. daily stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, demonstrations
- Experience of user interface development
- Experience with LIS software
- Shell scripting
- Experience in using Agile delivery management tools (such as JIRA and Confluence)
- Experience of system connectivity and protocols especially in medical settings to include HL7, FHIR and ASTM.
- Experience with REST protocols and service-oriented architectures
- Experience of Typescript, civetweb, JSON, XML, and TCP/IP networking
*Please note the closing date for applications is 18th May 2018.