About the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated Head of Software Engineering to manage and co-ordinate the resources and processes to deliver software releases of digital pathology and anatomical pathology solutions.
You will thrive on challenge and have an excellent work ethic. You are personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. You are an enthusiastic team player and are comfortable leading technical investigations and mentoring junior members of staff. You enjoy what you do, and you should lead constant improvement initiatives. You will contribute to the division’s strategic objectives and work with our global teams to ensure a successful delivery of our products to our customer base.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Setting a technical vision and strategy for the Cirdan PathXL products
- Ensure that the development team have appropriate specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
- Contribute to the definition and accomplishment of the Company’s strategic objectives
- Motivation and appraisal of existing staff and recruitment of new staff
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture
- Mentor software engineers in software development best practices, time management and planning, emphasising the importance of quality
- Working directly with existing and potential customers for pre-sales and business growth
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments in the industry
- Set the precedent for excellence through leading by example
- Any other reasonable duties as required by Management
Knowledge & skills
- Extensive, demonstrable experience building complex products within an agile software development environment
- 3 years in a technical leadership position responsible for building, motivating and leading developing teams.
- Experience in performing in complex environments and the ability to interact with customers and other stakeholders
- Experience contributing to all aspects of a project from initiation and requirements gathering, through development work, to completion and delivering the agreed solution on schedule
- Experience managing senior stakeholders internal and external to the organisation.
- An excellent communicator and proficiency in multi-tasking
- Experience in working with the medical device industry
- Knowledge of regulatory standards such as ISO13485, IEC 62304 and ISO27001
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare IT, especially laboratory management solutions and pathology
- Exposure to agile development tools e.g. JIRA.
Education & qualifications
- A degree (or equivalent) in a technical, business or science degree
Software Development, Technical Leadership, Innovation
Flexitime, Group Life Assurance, Gym, Medical Aid / Health Care
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter along with a completed Fair Employment Monitoring Form to firstname.lastname@example.org