About the Role:
This job requires the individual to develop an understanding of the workflows of a pathology laboratory and how our Laboratory Information System (ULTRA LIS) interacts with the activities of the laboratory. You will be required to perform custom development tasks (including integration for system-to-systems interfaces and devices) and provide support for the technical implementation tools of the healthcare applications and related products in a successful, standard and timely manner.
About the Candidate:
You are a passionate individual seeking an exciting new challenge and have an excellent work ethic. You are an enthusiastic team player as well as being personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. You are diligent and methodical in your approach to testing and documentation.
Authority & Responsibility:
- Customer Focus you are responsible for customer requirements and applicable regulatory requirements are determined and met.
- Improvement including Corrective and Preventative Actions – each employee has a responsibility to identify CAPA’s where applicable through continuous improvement
- You will be responsible for site specific technical activities such as; system-to-system interfacing, interfacing to government data repositories, writing tools for data manipulation and data standardisation, environment configuration, use of Databases including SQL. Delivering on project requirements.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- The role will cover the broad area around the implementation and configuration of our Ultra pathology software with a specific focus on HL7 system-to-system interfacing.
- Liaise with the operations and project teams to identify, assess and estimate development and configuration needed to meet project requirements
- Participate in technical workshops with customers, third-parties and build technical specifications for technical components in the contract such as system interfaces.
- Develop, test and validate HL7 system-to-system interfaces
- Work with the configuration team to plan contracted development into sprints, and deliver against an identified release
- Undertake low level debugging of any issues identified following development release
- Assess raised issues against possible change requests
- Responding promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Investigating and analysing the work practices of laboratory staff to make recommendations to our developers on how we can make our software more effective.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Assist in the delivery of detailed handover of all contracted local development to the Support team.
- Achieving customer satisfaction through the best possible site management and installation quality.
- Providing support and training to laboratory staff, IT staff and internal staff on the use of the Ultra software.
- In-depth and expert knowledge of HL7 specific to pathology.
- 5+ years of knowledge of LIS software
- Ability to understand and capture user requirements
- C programming
- Awareness of Quality management systems and applicable standards such as ISO13485, 9001
- Knowledge of FHIR standard.
- Appreciation of current changes in Pathology laboratory practice
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety
Occasional travel to our development offices in North America and Northern Ireland or our customer sites in North America, Australia and Europe
To apply please send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.