Summary of position:
The IT Support Engineer will be working in a team environment providing technical assistance within the Healthcare Industry to on-going projects when required and perform system checks and patching. Provide assistance to client IT teams and work with the 3rd line product team to resolve issues. Make recommendations and deploy changes and keeping customers informed on request status and progress.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Providing technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures liaising with 3rd line support for additional expertise where needed
- Identifying ways to deliver improved service performance to clients
- Identifying and resolving incidents within agreed SLAs, ensuring 1st and 2nd line resolution is achieved wherever possible, referring to 3rd line support where required, but maintaining ownership of the issue until resolved
- Correctly logging, prioritising, assigning, tracking and responding to incidents and requests in a timely manner, meeting agreed SLAs, and according to agreed standards and procedures
- Keeping users and other interested parties informed of progress throughout the life cycle and ensures that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimise delays
- Continually increasing the amount of calls resolved at the first point of contact
- Professionally resolving complaints
- Contributing ideas for improvements to the Service Desk Team Leader
- Maintaining support documentation of tools that are used by the service desk
- Monitoring incident trends and identifying recurring incidents for resolution
- IT Incident/ Service Request Management
- Peripheral install/move/triage (Printers/scanners/docking stations etc)
- Network support
- Experience on a service desk with multiple clients in a dynamic environment
- Proven track record of problem solving technically complex problems by analysing and troubleshooting product related problems
- Working with SLA and call logging software
- Experience with remote 1st and 2nd line Support
- Knowledge of system administration principles in a UNIX/Linux/Windows environment
- Knowledge of database principles and administration
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency with Office computer software packages
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Occasionally required to work out of hours on call support
- University Degree OR equivalent experience (Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer and Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field)
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communicator
- Team player – works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with providing support to healthcare environments
- Experience with report generation toolsets
- Experience with HL7 communication standard
- Experience with hospital lab instruments
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL
- Industry certifications such as: MCP, MSCE, MSCA, CCNP, CCNA desired
- ITIL Foundation
Permanent full-time position located in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.