Cirdan is a leading supplier of informatics software and imaging solutions and is known for its award winning Laboratory Information System- ULTRA. Head quartered in Northern Ireland with offices in Canada and Australia, Cirdan is a dynamic, forward thinking and fast-growing company.
We pride ourselves on recruiting strong talent and are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has experience working within a clinical laboratory setting. The position within the Operations Team at Cirdan will suit someone who is ready for a new challenge beyond the laboratory, but that will still allow them to apply the valuable skills and experiences they have developed.
Summary of Position
To develop an understanding of the workflows of a pathology laboratory and how our Laboratory Information System (LIS) interacts with the activities of the laboratory.
Successful candiates will be involved in:
- Supporting our customers in using our LIS software
- Investigate and analyse the activities of the laboratory staff
- Make recommendations to the development team on how we can make our products more effective.
You will receive on the job training focusing on how our LIS system is developed and operates within a laboratory environment
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Acquire knowledge of working practices of a pathology laboratory
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our LIS software
- Assist in the support of customers of our LIS software
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes and ensure these requirements are communicated effectively to our software development teams
- Support the verification and validation team ensuring the customer requirements and needs are met by the development team
- Provide clinical guidance and expertise to customers and internal project teams
- Deliver results after thorough research of functional needs of the pathology laboratory by collaborating and communication between various users
- Working with the software developers to ensure what needs to be done in the pathology laboratory can be done using the computer system.
- Using strong analytical reasoning to understand end user’s requirements and transforming them into operational application
- Help with the development of training materials
- Represent the company at various conferences and user meetings
- Provide expert knowledge on the configuration and setup of the LIS software
- Translating laboratory domain language into language software engineers can understand to be able to fix bugs and develop enhancements
- Seek to develop strong working relationships with laboratory personnel by holding customer meetings around clinical alignment and adoption of new technologies
- Working with laboratory personnel and software developers to ensure a common understanding of the needs of the laboratory and capabilities of the software
- Providing advice, guidance and workarounds to laboratory personnel
- Talking to laboratory personnel and helping to diagnose software issues or gather requirements for system enhancements
- 5+Years of practical experience of working in a pathology laboratory
- 5+ years of knowledge of LIS software
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety
- Ability to understand and capture user requirements
- Appreciation of current changes in Pathology laboratory practice
- University Degree in Biomedical Engineering OR equivalent
- Interest in IT – beyond normal knowledge of Word, email e.g. being able to demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting and configuring Windows beyond standard installation of applications
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communicator
- Team player – works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to influence others and work collaboratively
To apply, please email CV and covering letter to email@example.com