About the Role:
Provide technical leadership within the group’s cloud development team, as well as being part of an agile software unit working on a next generation Laboratory Information System (LIS). We believe in using the latest technologies and platforms to create world class products for the future, helping to improve the medical industry through innovation and technology.
About the You:
You will thrive on challenge and have an excellent work ethic. You are personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. You are an enthusiastic team player and are comfortable leading discussions and mentoring junior members of staff. You enjoy what you do, and you should lead constant improvement initiatives. You will contribute to the division’s strategic objectives and work with our global teams to ensure a successful delivery of our products to our customer base.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Define and implement POC target architectures to validate offering approach to providing accredited hosting on the Azure platform
- Define and agree Azure cloud usage policies/processes with relevant stakeholders to ensure customer interests are adequately protected/maintained (e.g. Security/Audit/Compliance etc)
- Support bids proposals by providing Azure solution definition capability to bid teams as well as cost modelling and resource/effort estimation for Transition and Transformation activities
- Championing migration to the cloud – keeping up to date of the latest technologies/tools and champion new ways to complete migrations to reduce cost, risk and friction for our customers.
- You will engage in developing and improving our migration/technology partnerships to benefit cloud migrations and deliver customer outcomes.
- Working as part of a cross-functional team to develop Healthcare solutions as part of a cloud first strategy
- Being recognised as a technical expert in your field and an evangelist for cloud technologies and DevOps culture
- Experience of architecting Microsoft Azure Cloud platform solutions
- Experience of Azure Devops and ARM template creation
- Experience of setting up, deploying and managing multiple environments to support agile development approaches
- Knowledge of deployment orchestration and configuration management tools e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform
- Automating, building supporting modern digital service platforms in production environments.
- University Degree OR equivalent experience
(Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer and Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience of architecting hybrid cloud solutions, providing governance by creating processes and guidelines.
- Knowledge of hypervisor platforms such as VMWare
- Cloud Native principles and supporting technologies e.g. Microservices, DevOps, CI/CD
- Experience of Unix operating systems and scripting languages
- Experience with database technologies e.g. Oracle Database Server
azure, devops, cloud
Group Life Assurance, Gym, Medical Aid / Health Care, Parking