About the Role:
In response to a growing customer base, we now need to expand our professional services team within Northern Ireland, and are looking for talented and ambitious project managers who will join us and help shape the future organisation that will be required to deliver on our ambitious growth plans.
The successful individuals will report directly to the senior management team and will have unparalleled opportunities for travel and professional development within a growing global IT healthcare company.
The Ideal Candidate:
You have significant project management experience and are ready to take on an exciting new challenge within the global IT healthcare sector.
You understand customer’s needs and the importance of customer success and will ensure that Cirdan delivers to the highest possible standards of project delivery.
You understand the importance of compliance within the IT healthcare industry and will ensure that all projects are delivered within the regulatory framework applicable to the customers jurisdiction.
You are excited about the opportunity to be a key contributor to Cirdan’s growing Professional Services team.
You are someone who can show leadership to a team with a strong focus on developing talent and identifying smarter ways of working.
Previous experience within the IT Healthcare market is desirable but not necessary for this role.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Define project objectives involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress, measuring project performance and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs
- Identify resource needs to complete the project and assign responsibilities
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Lead project staff effectively to deliver goals of the project
- Deliver and present results to the key stakeholders of the projects
- Monitor financial aspect of the project, report on specific KPI’s and variances to senior management on a monthly basis
- Develop knowledge on the configuration and setup of the LIS software and be able to communicate this to customers
- Seek to develop strong working relationships with customers
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Work with both customers and laboratory and product specialists to ensure a common understanding of the needs of the laboratory and capabilities of the ULTRA platform.
- Resolve client issues working at both process and technical level suggesting relevant approaches
- Assist with mentoring, training and supporting other team members
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing software platform projects of significant complexity
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary project teams
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to develop and manage positive relationships with customers
- Effective project planning, resource planning and budgeting skills
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) Software
- Experience in Health sector
- Experience in ITIL processes
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary project teams in various parts of the world
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
Project Management, Customer Focus, Commercial awareness
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st February