About the Role:
Candidate will aid in the design, implementation, training, and testing of machine learning algorithms relevant to healthcare. Knowledge of state-of-the-art machine learning and/or deep learning techniques and methodologies is desired, as well as experience with the design and implementation of such methods on image, video, text, or other data structures. The successful candidate must be capable of conducting independent research (including model design analysis and performance assessments) and presenting research findings within a collaborative team setting.
PhDs or PhD candidates who will defend soon, are welcome to apply!
About the You:
You will thrive on challenge and have an excellent work ethic. You are personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. You are an enthusiastic team player and are comfortable leading discussions and mentoring more junior members of staff. You enjoy what you do, and you should contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives within the function. You will contribute to the organisation’s strategic AI objectives and will work with our global development teams to ensure successful delivery of AI models into our products and services.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Design, implementation, training and testing of machine learning algorithms relevant to healthcare.
- Conducting independent research including model design analysis and performance assessments and presenting findings to the wider research team.
- Contributing to technical/scientific decision making in a collaborative team environment.
- Working with clinicians to annotate/classify data prior to model training.
- Liaising closely with development personnel and other stakeholders to allow for new models to be leveraged within the Cirdan product portfolio.
- Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and with wider non- technical audiences.
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Coordinate image acquisition activities to support new model development.
- Evangelise the use of AI within Cirdan and assist with raising Cirdan’s profile and reputation for AI algorithm delivery to the market.
- Work closely with customers and/or partners to refine custom models to better suit their needs.
Knowledge & skills
- Ability to work with a high level of independence and to lead research in a specific area.
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language.
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms, through coursework or research, is required. This includes deep learning techniques in addition to more general machine learning methods (e.g., Bayesian inference).
- Experience in implementing and training a deep learning model such as CNNs, LSTMs, transformers and MLPs (PyTorch, Pandas, OpenCV, tensorflow, libtorch, Keras, etc).
- Experience in evaluating a deep learning model.
- Implemented and developed new machine learning approaches and services.
- Experience of continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Experience of debugging and troubleshooting live applications.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS services.
- Familiarity with other development platforms like Matlab or C/C++ is considered an advantage.
- Experience building data ingestion and model training pipelines.
- Previous experience with Big Data, managing high volume and velocity structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Awareness of software development best practices, including source code management and automated testing.
Essential Education & qualifications
- A PhD in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, or an equivalent field.
Machine learning, algorithms, AI.
Group Life Assurance, Gym, Medical Aid / Health Care, Work From Home, enhanced pension contribution.