About the Role
As Senior Software Engineer you will work with an agile team to maintain, design, develop, test and verify software products..
You will thrive on challenge and have an excellent work ethic. You are personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. You are an enthusiastic team player and are comfortable leading technical investigations and mentoring junior members of staff. You will be able to design, develop and support a single page web application. You enjoy what you do and you should lead constant improvement initiatives whether they be refactoring code or suggesting ways to improve a product.
Primary role and responsibilities
- Creates working software. Designs, codes, documents, peer reviews, tests (automated) and maintains software inline with the Quality Management System Provides innovative, technical solutions that conform to requirements with a strong focus on end-users, high quality (meets QMS/regulatory standards), performance, safety, security and maintainability.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Use source code control for software changes.
- Use of JIRA for documentation and tracking of software issues.
- Responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner with no assistance from the supervisor.
- Acquire knowledge of working practices of a pathology laboratory.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our LIS software.
- Mentoring, training and supporting other members of the Software Team.
- Build working relationships with other key departments.
- Assist the development of new business, markets, and products.
- Contribute technically to team objectives.
- Help testers and support personnel as needed to identify, replicate and resolve system problems.
- Actively participates in the agile ceremonies e.g. sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives and backlog refinement. Contributes to continuous improvement of the team, software and processes.
Essential Knowledge & skills
- HTML/TypeScript (Angular framework)
- Software testing methodologies / E2E testing tools such as Cypress or equivalent
- The full software development life cycle
- Agile development
Desirable Knowledge & skills
- Experience of Oracle and PostgreSQL databases
- BIRT reporting
- Experience with LIS software
Java, Unix, Linux , Angular.
Flexible working, Medical Aid / Health Care Gym, Enhanced pension contribution, Death in service benefit.