Cirdan is an exciting and fast-growing medical device company with offices in Northern Ireland, Canada and Australia. We offer opportunities for talented individuals who want to work in designing, developing and building state of the art integrated hardware and software solutions that help to enhance and speed up the diagnostic process.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be part of an agile software unit working on a next generation Laboratory Information System (LIS). We believe in using the latest technologies and platforms to create world class products for the future, helping to improve the medical industry through innovation and technology
You will be integral to the testing team, delivering a wide range of testing services from planning through to validation. Your work will be central to ensuring Cirdan provides a highly effective solution for hospitals and labs around the world.
About the Candidate:
You are a passionate individual seeking an exciting new challenge and have an excellent work ethic. You are an enthusiastic team player as well as being personally driven to meet objectives with a focus on quality and delivery. You are diligent and methodical in your approach to testing and documentation.
Primary role and responsibilities:
- Participate in the creation and execution of test events
- Create clear, concise test plans based on business requirements
- Create and maintain automated and manual tests
- Liaise with developers to ensure unit and integration tests provide comprehensive test coverage
- Identify, triage and re-test defects. Work with the test lead to ensure that the root cause of the defects are analysed to reduce improve software quality on an ongoing basis
- Analyse user stories and produce test conditions, expected results and test data
- Participate in Agile ceremonies such as Sprint Planning to ensure that testing is central to the development approach
- Report on progress of test events- ensuring that the project management team are kept informed of progress. Escalate risks and issues to management as required
- Contribute to all stages of testing activities
- Ensure test events are delivered to agreed timelines
- Work with Project Managers to determine testing needs and critical issues related to project
- Prioritise testing based on appropriate risk/benefit analysis
- 3+ years’ experience of testing (ideally within an agile team)
- Experience of continuous integration
- Experience using test management tools
- Exposure to SQL
- Experience in reporting to project managers on the status of testing
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience using Git
- Experience with LIS software
- Experience testing Angular
- Demonstrable experience in the healthcare industry or another regulated industry
- Experience of specifying and conducting test events and writing reports
- Test automation experience creating and maintaining a test framework (working with page object design pattern)
- Ability to adopt a continuous improvement approach by proactively seeking out development opportunities
To apply, please email CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 14th December 2018.